One-on-One Test Preparation
We’ve privately tutored thousands of students for the SAT and ACT, and therefore have a system that we know works.
Here is the process:
1. Get baseline test scores. We can use previous official tests, or take mock tests with us. Best to have an ACT and SAT so we can help you decide which test is best.
2. Decide which package is best for you: 10, 20, or 30 hours. This depends on a number of factors, such as when you will take the test, what your baseline scores are, how much time you can allocate to studying, and more.
3. Match you with the best tutor. Based on your strengths and weaknesses, as well your "learning profile," we match you with the tutor who will best meet your needs.
4. Tutoring begins. Sessions will be about once/week, but that is flexible, as is session length. You'll have HW in between each session, including practice sections, full-length mock tests, and drills focused on specific areas you need to work on. During sessions, your tutor will review your homework in depth, as well as teach you all the various techniques and strategies you need to improve your scores.
5. Take your test! Once you get your scores back, let us know what happened. We guarantee our work. The chart below shows our guarantees and rates. If you don’t go up by that minimum amount, we will provide up to 12 hours complimentary tutoring before the next test date.
That’s the basic process. Please email or call us if you’d like to discuss more!
Rates for Private Tutoring:
|Pre-Paid Package of Hours||Mindspire Tutor||Premier Mindspire Tutor||Guarantees (Higher number for Premier Tutor)|
|2-3 ACT, 70-90 SAT|
|4-5 ACT, 120-150 SAT|
|5-6 ACT, 150-180 SAT|
|Guarantees Explained: If student does not go up by guaranteed amount (from baseline official or mock test), then we will provide up to 12 hours of free tutoring for next test date. Maximum SAT Guarantee is 1500. Maximum ACT Guarantee is 33.|
|Online Tutoring is as effective as in-person for most students. All online students receive a writing tablet for the duration of their tutoring, so they can easily write on a shared virtual whiteboard.|